A rare event this week…
Thanksgiving and Chanukkah collide!
A holiday of offering up
praise and thanksgiving…
And a holiday of re-dedication
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Chanukkah from our home to yours!
Need ideas to celebrate?
* Sing songs of praise and thanksgiving – and dance!
* Eat, drink and be merry!
* Read the story of the Maccabees! (It’s fantastic!)
* Play dreidel! (and learn the song!)
* Light the chanukkiah candles each night!
* Flip your latkes! Then dip and eat ’em!
* Make sufganiyot! (or go to Dunkin’ Donuts for a jelly donut)
* Learn some Chanukkah songs!
(check out youtube – be sure to check Mattisyahu & Maccabeats!)
* Go to a community menorah lighting! (we hope to this year!)
* Give to someone in need! Invite someone over to celebrate with you!
* Watch a video about the Maccabees!
(Try this one! http://youtu.be/AftNvF1aqYc )
* Read Scriptures about dedication (of the temple and of self)!
* Learn about how Chanukkah is in the Tanak (Old Testament)!
(check out this link: http://youtu.be/phK9i0I4bXY – it’s pretty cool!)
* And, finally… Search and cleanse yourself (physically, sure – but spiritually)
and re-dedicate and set apart your temple to your Creator!